That is a big title, I know. It announces something of a promise of Web 2.0 -- collaboration in stead of competition, and virtual teams in addition to office mates. Twelve experienced professionals with one goal in mind: taking your brand to the next level.
The offering is quite simple: every month, we will focus on one business that needs assistance to take its brand(s) to a new destination. Whether that be growing the company in size, recognition, or business model, this team has committed branding creativity to get you there.
Our first BrandingWire collaboration was this initiative -- we came up with a name, a tagline, a logo, and a site -- all virtually online. It can be done, especially when you bring the right people to the table. And we have assembled a very diverse and experienced team to serve on this project, which will launch officially on June 11. Meet the team:
- This initiative has gone from theory to launch thanks to the tireless efforts of Steve Woodruff, chief inspiration and instigator for BrandingWire. Steve blogs and works at Sticky Figure a division of Impactiviti. Sticky Figure provides branding and marketing services that stick -- impact, we recommend it, they say.
- The beautiful graphic work you see here and will see in the weeks to come is the contribution of Martin Jelsema, founder of Signature Strategies and publisher of opinions and information on branding at The Branding Blog. Martin's expertise centers especially on strategic communications and new product introductions. A self defined visionary and innovator, Martin takes the practical approach to planning and research, and loves writing and graphics design.
- Lewis Green is passionate about business, which proves beneficial for the businesses of his clients. Lewis blogs at Biz Solutions Plus where you can read his views on results to grow your business, and learn about his commitment to solving problems and serving clients. Lewis and I are already collaborating on other conversations and in the PR efforts for this group.
- We often hear about the rising of PR. Kevin Dugan is a public relations expert with a portfolio of accomplishments that includes new product launches and custom publishing. He publishes his opinions on the world of branding at Strategic Public Relations.
- While everyone in this group believes in a client-centric view of branding, we have a dedicated customer advocate in our midst. Becky Carroll of Petra Consulting Group, a company she founded to help strengthen and lengthen customer relationships, blogs at Customers Rock!
- Gavin Heaton is the eclectic talent behind the fascinating world of branding and storytelling at Servant of Chaos. Gavin worked in a wide range of roles and professions from accounting and publishing to technology services, knowledge management and marketing. Along the way he was tutored and nurtured by both people and companies and is now involved in many initiatives to give back, including the eBook The Age of Conversation (coming soon).
- Partner to Gavin in spearheading the eBook that saw a collaboration of 100 self publishers in a wide range of professions is Drew McLellan, top dog at McLellan Marketing Group. Drew's tagline when strategy and passion collide is a mantra that helps his clients focus on their brand stories and marketing so that they can in turn help their customers fall and stay in love with them. Drew blogs at The Marketing Minute.
- Ann Handley is the vision, the spirit and the force behind and in front of marketers every day. As Chief Content Officer at MarketingProfs and Primary Caregiver of the MarketingRofs Daily Fix, Ann's background in journalism serves as a catalyst for great questions and interesting takes on marketing and branding.
- Patrick Shraber blogs at the Lonely Marketer. A small company marketing manager, Patrick is as comfortable planning print ads and mailings as he is discussing blogs and optimization. Why call it the Lonely Marketer? Good question: It’s meant to signify the difference between working in marketing at a large company vs. a small company.
- Olivier Blanchard helps companies fine tune their relationships with their customers through branding and marketing strategies, the review of communications architecture, their reputation and buzz worthiness, as well as creativity and market relevance. He blogs at The Brand Builder.
- Managing Partner at The Blake Project, where he helps organizations release the full potential of their brands to build and sustain trust, Derrick Daye blogs at Branding Strategy Insider.
- And there's me at Conversation Agent. I live at the intersection of marketing, communications and organization dynamics (people), where customers experience your brand and company. I've been told that I bring new world attitude and Italian style to synthesizing conceptual information. I like to see challenges in new ways with you and execute on ideas through creativity and passion. I work in corporate America elbow to elbow with sales and customer service.
Now that you've met the posse of pundits, stay tuned to join our conversation on branding on June 11, at BrandingWire, a new channel for you to discuss provocative perspectives.